Earning a profit with a blog is possible—we’ve written a lot about that: see How to earn money by writing blogs or How to make money with blogs. But you may still be wondering how you can actually make money on your blog. There are many ways of monetizing a blog, and you can use one or more of them at the same time. Read on to find out the most successful methods to make money on a blog.
Monetize with COC or CPM Ads
Placing ads on their blog site is the most common method bloggers use to make money. There are two types of ads:
- CPC/PPC Ads (Cost Per Click/Pay Per Click): these types of ads are typically banners that you place in your content or sidebar. Each time a reader clicks on the ad, you are paid for that click.
- CPM Ads (Cost per 1,000 impressions): these are ads that pay you a fixed amount of money based on how many people see the ad.
Google AdSense is probably the most popular tool for placing these types of ads. With this tool, you don’t need to have direct contact with the advertiser but simply place the advertiser on your webpage.
Sell Private Ads
If your blog has enough traffic, advertisers can come directly to you and ask you to place their ads on your content. You could also contact advertisers yourself and offer space on your blog for their ads. You can sell private ads in the form of banners, buttons or links, and you could also write sponsored posts.
With this method, you can set your own rates. You can charge a one-time fee for a link or charge the advertiser monthly.
Include Affiliate Links in Your Content
This how affiliations work:
- A seller agrees to pay you a commission from each sale for which the buyer has come from your blog.
- The seller provides you the link that tracks the affiliate code. This is how the seller can know what buyers come from your blog and can pay you the commissions.
- You include the affiliate link in your content.
You can create private partnerships with advertisers and sellers with an affiliate program or use ad networks such as eBay Partner Network—see how it works in detail here.
Sell Digital Products
If you don’t want to advertise other people’s products or services, or if you’re looking for another stream of income, you may want to consider selling digital products like ebooks, online courses, apps, plug-ins, themes, etc. Whatever item you choose to sell, make sure it’s useful and relevant to your readers—try to understand them and offer something they may need.
You could also sell memberships to exclusive content on your blog. The key is that an exclusive membership has to be more valuable than what visitors can find on your blog for free (or on someone else’s blog).
Remember that you don’t need to choose one of these methods. You can implement more than one and use them to make money on your blog.
By the way, if you’re a online entrepreneur who wants to money on a blog you just started Check out our Free Online Entrepreneur Training Center at https://WiFiEntrepreneur.com/training